Airkorp Australia was established in 1994, and in the year 2000, moved its head office to the heart of Melbourne’s CBD, with the ambition to provide fast and efficient service to customers located in and around Melbourne’s business district.
During this early period, Airkorp’s main work stream consisted of, maintenance to existing buildings HVAC systems and also the upgrading of existing equipment. A byproduct of Airkorp’s consultative approach to its customers led to broadening of their work base encompassing cool room installations and A/C installations to new projects in and beyond the Greater Melbourne district.
By 2008 Airkorp had out grown its premises which brought about the move to, nearby Collingwood, to best facilitate growing staff numbers and the need for workshop facilities.
By this time, Airkorp had established strong relationships with some of Melbourne’s premier builders and property managers, carrying out installation projects and maintenance contracts including some of the following sites:
- Deakin University (Burwood, Waurn Ponds & Waterfront Campuses)
- Victorian School of the Deaf
- Eureka Tower
- COLES Express Stores (Hastings, Euroa, Bunker Hill, Laverton, Glenroy & Fawkner)
- COLES Supermarkets (Caroline Springs & Alice Springs NT)
- State & Federal Government Project including:
- Victorian Eye & Ear Hospital (Ardee House) (link)
- Centrelink Offices
- Police Stations
- Sandringham Public Hospital
2015 sees Airkorp actively involved in “minor works” projects, recently closing out projects involving leading edge technology at the following sites:
- Melbourne City Football Club, an association of Manchester City FC
- Yarra City Council, 345 Bridge Road Richmond
- 470 Collins Street, in association with the Sustainable Melbourne Fund and National Australia Bank (link to sustainable energy fund)
As Airkorp has spent many years improving the performance of existing HVAC systems via improved control methods, with the use of state of the art technology, this experience has enabled Airkorp to apply the same technology to new installation projects.
Having seen the effect that inefficient buildings systems has on energy consumption and environmental impact, it is Airkorp’s aim to “build it right” from the start.
Airkorp installations are renowned for being service friendly.